SAFE PHONE SERVICE
Keep families connected while protecting from confusion and financial exploitation.
PHONE SCAM PROTECTION
ONLY APPROVED CALLERS
- Seniors lose more than $36 billion each year to elder financial fraud and abuse.
- 77% of these scams occur over the phone.
- Age 60+ are targets of 49% of telemarketing scams involving medical care.
- 41% of scams involve sweepstakes and prizes.
- 40% of scams involve magazine sales.
- Calls requesting bank wire transfers to assist relatives in trouble are rampant.
- Scammers use Caller ID spoofing to make the call appear legitimate from a bank.
- “Neighborhood spoofing” allows fraud calls to show up as a local number on Caller ID by matching the first six digits of your number. Estimates are 9 of 10 scam calls will come from a familiar area code in 2019.
– Source: AARP
THE CAREGIVER SERVICE AND SMARTPHONE MANAGEMENT TOOL
- Family caregivers are empowered to manage loved one’s home phone service and features remotely.
- Multiple family members can have access to the app.
- Easy download and set-up.
A. Individual Unit
Any unit anywhere, in the building, can utilize the service individually. All that is needed is a hardwired internet connection in the unit. This Internet can be from a dedicated Ethernet wiring system or a cable modem. Wifi is not usable.
Any standard telephone simply plugs into the Safe Phone adapter which is connected to the Internet. This works in similar fashion as national brand Internet phone providers except Safe Phone is loaded with features to protect seniors.
B. Multi-Unit Telecom Closet
This method is used when Safe Phone is used throughout the building. It is ideal for new construction or when every unit desires service. No additional devices are required within any resident apartment. An 8-line adapter with Internet input are installed in the telcom closet. Based on the number of phone lines at each telecom closet the number of multi-adapters will vary. Standard telephones are used plugged into the standard RJ-11 wall plate.