This problem is most likely due to the video card not being correctly set up.
If the computer is booted up without a secondary monitor hooked up to it, the settings for multiple displays can be automatically reverted back to one.
Follow these steps to fix it.
- Double click “Display Manager“
- Under display click “Set up multiple displays“
- Under display mode click “dualview“
- Click Change resolution
- Make sure the main screen is set to 1024×768
- Click on the TV
- Make sure the TV resolution is set to 640×480
- Now double check, your MessageNOW should be functioning properly.
- If so reboot the machine, and when it is done booting again check the settings to ensure they have saved.