Have you ever lost your signal and gotten frustrated with your provider? The problem may actually be that your DIRECTV satellite dish installation was not installed properly.
If you live in an area that has harsh weather conditions and it has the ability to affect the signal strength. Despite the cause of your mediocre signal, there are a few things that can improve or drastically change your satellite setup situation.
What to do when you have lost your satellite signal:
Check position of the dish: One of the biggest reasons people lose their signal is because their dish is not positioned properly. There are many things that could cause this, but the most likely cause is either sloppy installation or an obstruction. Here are some tips that you can follow to ensure that your dish is aligned properly:
- Make sure that your dish is facing southwest. This is by far the most important step in ensuring that you will not have a strong signal.
- Another tip is that you need to make sure that it is not aligned directly with tree or other large structures.
- Try moving your dish to a different location. If you are unsure why you are not receiving a strong signal, you should try moving it to a different location.
- Change the elevation: In addition to changing the location of your dish, you could also try to change its elevation. This can help you get a stronger signal.
-Change your dish
Many customers have brand new equipment inside, but are still using an old dish outside. Simple things like snow on a satellite dish may stick to an older model dish and probably slide right off of a newer DIRECTV slimline dish, which are built to combat the snowy dish problem.
-Fix your dish
The unfortunate part about the installation process is that there are plenty of people who claim they are professionals; yet really don’t know what they are doing. It is always a good idea to choose a company with a solid reputation of dish installation and good warranties. For those of you who have any experience with DIRECTV dish installation, here is a quick overview of setting it up yourself.
1) Decide of the location of your dish: The first step you will need to do when it comes to installing your dish is to decide where you are going to be locating the dish. The most common place that people decide to do their DIRECTV satellite installation is on the roof of their homes. This will give you the best chance of receiving a good signal. The other major component of locating the spot where you will put your dish is finding which direction is southwest. Your dish needs to be facing towards the southwest in order to get the best signal.
2) Check for obstructions- In addition to ensuring that your dish is facing towards the south, you should make sure that there are not any huge trees or other obstruction that could get in the way of your signal. If there is, you should adjust the dish so that it avoids the obstructions yet are still facing towards the southern direction. Also, avoid a place where you cannot reach your dish because during the winter months, snow on a satellite dish is an easy fix if your satellite dish mount is accessible.
3) Then you will be required to use a screw driver in order to loosen the screws that are located on the dish. There will be a pole that you will have to place through the satellite dish and secure it with the brackets. This is part of the process that people tend to go wrong. If they do not properly secure the brackets, the signal strength will not be good.
4) After you have completed this task, you will need to get your low noise block amplifier (LBN) and screw driver. You will loosen the screws that are located on the low noise block amplifier than attach it to the side of the bent pole. This step may seem somewhat complicated, but it really isn’t. You are simply putting two pieces of equipment together.
5) Then you will need to get your coaxial cable. You will use your screw driver in order to attach this piece to the low noise block amplifier. Although every step in properly aiming your dish is significant, this step is especially important. It is important because you will have to run this cable through your home. Again, this is a part of the process that could destroy your signal strength if it is not done properly.
6) Connect the coaxial cable to your DIRECTV receiver than an HDMI cable. This part is plain and simple and will complete your properly done DIRECTV satellite dish setup.
All of these are DYI solutions for those with mechanical skill and easy access to their dish. For others that are having trouble and are unable to do a basic fix their best bet is to find a company with qualified technicians.